Step By Step Guide
Step 1: Measure Your Available Space
- Freehand draw your room and include measurements in inches. Include all dimensions, such as windows, doors, showers, bathtubs, and toilet replacement. Make your drawing as if the room had no vanity or cabinets in it. Measure to the actual drywall and do not include baseboard or existing cabinets. The width and height of windows and doors should be measured to the outside of the trim. It's important to double-check your measurements. Click here to print a grid for plotting your drawing.
- Once your drawing is complete, you can try different vanity cabinet layouts. Begin your cabinet layout using your existing vanity placement and the overall dimension of the cabinet you are considering. Keep in mind that vanity tops are usually 1" wider and deeper than the vanity cabinet. For example, a 24"W x 18"D vanity cabinet requires a 25"W x 19"D vanity top.
- Note the location of plumbing, which may influence the width and location of your vanity.
- Allow enough space so that the bathroom door is not obstructed.
- Consider the location of existing furnishings, such as mirrors, light switches, and decorative wall treatments.
Step 2: Select a Vanity Combo or Vanity Sink Base Cabinet and Top
Vanity combos come with a fully assembled vanity sink base cabinet, vanity top and decorative cabinet hardware.
If you decide on a vanity sink base cabinet, you will be required to purchase the vanity top, decorative cabinet hardware and, a toe-kick separately. For a list of our most common vanity base cabinet configurations, click here.
Cabinet styles and colors vary by series, contact your local authorized dealer for available options and pricing.
Vanity tops are offered in White Cultured Marble, Mesa Solid Surface Technology, and Sterling Solid Surface Technology.
Vanity top styles and colors may vary, contact your local authorized dealer for available options and pricing. (faucets not included)
Step 3: Complete Your Bathroom
Accessories – Medicine and Bath Storage Cabinets
Continental Cabinets offers recessed and surface mount medicine and bath storage cabinets to help you add extra storage to your bathroom.
Medicine and bath storage cabinet styles and colors may vary, contact your local authorized dealer for available options and pricing.